Home » Action Items – October 2016 Board Meeting

Action Items – October 2016 Board Meeting

Homepage Forums ISRII Forum Index ISRII Board Ongoing Business Action Items – October 2016 Board Meeting

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1284
    Frances Kay-Lambkin
    Participant

    It was great to talk with all who could make it today for our October meeting – and we missed those of you who couldn’t make it.

    I’ll work on the detailed minutes over the next few weeks (and aim to get them to you much earlier this month), but here are the action items arising from our meeting today. Please add to these or comment as you see the need. Thanks.

    1. Special Issue of Internet Interventions arising from the Seattle 2016 conference
    Stephen to proceed with the Design Special Issue, and seek to incorporate relevant submissions from the ISRII Seattle conference where relevant. ISRII will pay for the publication fees for an “overview” or introductory paper to this special issue, which contextualises the Special Issue, and brings the submissions together.

    2. ISRII 2017 Berlin
    Mark’s proposal for the “call for conference papers” submission process was accepted, and Heleen advised that we proceed as though it will all happen in accordance with that submission. See attached for this proposal. ISRII will also pay for the publication fees associated with an “introduction” article in the resultant special issue that contextualises and brings together the papers in the special issue.

    Heleen to organise a phone call between Mark, Gerhard and Heleen to: (a) confirm acceptance of Mark’s proposal and timelines, and (b) confirm Mark’s role with Internet Interventions going forward, and willingness to act as the ISRII Board representative for Internet Interventions once Heleen’s term ends in December 2016.

    Pepijn to write a brief proposal/process for the ISRII Throw Down event at the 2017 conference.

    Frances to confirm dates for ISRII 2017 with Elsevier, for 12-14 October 2017.

    Frances to convene first meting of Local Organising Committee members for ISRII 2017 to occur in November 2016. The first item on the agenda will be to decide on a theme (broad), and to send out a call for conference papers as per Mark’s timeline.

    Tonya to update the Conference Chair documentation for the ISRII 2017 conference.

    3. Membership

    Tonya to develop a membership needs/benefits survey for consideration by the Board in November/December 2016.

    4. Website

    Pepijn given approval (and full support) by the Board to action the website committee’s proposals for the expansion of the website (see attached document).

    5. Special Interest Groups
    Mark to liase with SIG leaders regarding suggestions for focussing the SIG activities and to seek additional suggestions for increasing the activity of the SIGs (e.g., space on the conference program for posters/symposium, discussion forum on the ISRII website, etc.)

    6. ISRII 2017 Slate
    All agreed that Frances can formally contact the proposed new Board members for 2017.

    Frances will confirm with Pepijn and Cristina their intentions/wishes regarding another term on the ISRII Board.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.