Home » ISRII Website Suggestions

ISRII Website Suggestions

Homepage Forums ISRII Forum Index ISRII Board Ongoing Business ISRII Website Suggestions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Frances Kay-Lambkin
    Participant

At the General Meeting, a member suggested having a “newsfeed” feature on the ISRII website that features achievements of our membership as profiled in the media. For example, recently, members were mentioned in the New York Times, and Nature, and this seems like a good opportunity to promote their association with ISRII, and the importance of our work. One option is to keep track of this via Newsle (https://newsle.com) . I would appreciate your thoughts on the associated workload and value of doing this.

Pepijn Van De Ven
    Participant

Sounds good to me! I’ll see if there is a plug in that would allow us to show Newsle feeds on the site.

Frances Kay-Lambkin
    Participant

Thanks Pepijn!

Frances Kay-Lambkin
    Participant

Will all Directors please review the existing ISRII website over July-August, and start suggesting areas where we can expand on content here please? We can summarise these at the August meeting. Thanks.

Frances Kay-Lambkin
    Participant

HI all – here are the ISRII historical documents relating to the website.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Pepijn Van De Ven
    Participant

In relation to the email digest of forum activity, I have emailed a developer to see if we can implement required changes. This is in response to Mark’s request for more extensive functionality (from memory: post content / title in the digest with link to post) and an issue identified recently, namely that non-board members see in their digest that there was activity in the board forum (though they still cannot access the post).

Could you please all let me know two things:

1) Whether you think it’s worth us spending some money on this. The ‘some’ will be quantified once we have clear requirements for the developer and of course I will request your permission at that stage.
    2) What changes you would like to see in the digest and in the way it is delivered, options to personalise etc. Please think about this carefully as we will only get one chance!

Thanks,

Pepijn

Frances Kay-Lambkin
    Participant

Thanks for this, Pepijn….great work.

In relation to (1), I am in support of spending money to increase functionality of the discussion forum.

In relation to (2) – and this may be impossible…but for some forums, I get an email that provides the content of the post…I got this for your post above – which is great. In some forums, though, there is an option to reply “above the line” to that email and in doing so, it posts onto the forum…without me having to directly go to the site to do this. I wonder what is involved in setting up this kind of functionality – and whether we want this as another way to encourage engagement with the posts?

Thanks,
    Frances

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.