Home » RSS feed for Internet Interventions

RSS feed for Internet Interventions

Homepage Forums ISRII Forum Index Website Committee RSS feed for Internet Interventions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Amy Morgan
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I’ve added in the feed for new papers from Internet Interventions to the homepage of the site. It’s currently in the right-hand column under latest tweets, but we can move it to a different position if we need to.

The settings are flexible – I’ve limited the number of items to 2, and I’ve turned off authors and the start of the abstract. Otherwise it doesn’t fit on the page well, but it may be less useful without this info. (Adding the authors doubles the length)

Let me know your feedback and I can adjust.
    Thanks,
    Amy

Pepijn Van De Ven
    Participant

Hi Amy,

Great progress! A couple of questions / suggestions (though I am well aware of the limitations of WordPress plug-ins :-)..):

– Can we move to a more prominent place, for example by making space besides the slideshow?
    – Is it possible to add a link to one of our own pages where we could have the same feed with more extensive info (authors and abstract)? That same page could potentially also be used for the editor’s pick.

Many thanks,

Pep

Amy Morgan
    Participant

Thanks Pep.
    I don’t think we can put things next to the slideshow with how the theme is setup (at least as far as I could tell). I could move it to sit on top of Latest Tweets very easily though.

I’ve also added the feed to the Journal page, which already has info on Internet Interventions. This lists the authors and a bit more of the abstract. It would be good if we could use the image from the journal here, rather than the conference image, eg. this one http://cdn.elsevier.com/cover_img/731477.gif or this one https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/simgad/2072651730310198257. Do we need permission for this?

We can add the Editor’s pick here too, I’m still figuring out the best way to do this.

Note that this page opens in a new tab unlike other links – not sure why?!

Angela White
    Participant

I think moving the feed to the middle column of the home page could make it more prominent and then perhaps putting the recent blog posts and tweets together in the third column could work? Journal page works and agree having a section at the top of that page with the editors pick would be good!
    Well done Amy!!

webmaster
    Keymaster

This looks great! Well done Amy!

Regarding positioning of the feed, would it be possible to make a slide for the slideshow with the RSS feed?

Regarding the opening of a new tab for the journal page, I have fixed this. Not sure why they hide this option, but it can be found as described in this link: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-do-i-get-a-custom-link-on-main-menu-to-open-in-new-tab-1/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.