Lantern is hiring a Clinical Innovation Researcher (a Behavioral or Mental Health Researcher with a penchant or past experience for product development) to join the growing Research team. This position reports to the Chief Science Officer.
Lantern creates simple, effective web and mobile programs based in cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness. Our programs combine professional coaching with interactive exercises, giving users the skills and motivation they need to overcome mental health challenges.
We’re not about unrealistic promises or get-happy-quick schemes. We’re about removing the stigma and barriers that prevent people from strengthening their emotional selves, offering an evidence-based approach to making every day better.
We envision a world in which people think differently about their mental health–where they feel empowered to take a simple step toward well-being. We’re on a mission to make this happen, and we hope you’ll join us.
Clinical and User Behavior Research:
- Conduct secondary research of scientific literature to identify theories and best practices.
- Identify resources to support content strategy; teach clinical concepts to content strategy, design and coaching team; support content design and strategy in design and iteration of clinical content.
- Connect content design and strategy team with other stakeholders and researchers to support design process.
- Advise integration and adaptation of evidence-based psychological interventions to digital intervention (e.g., CBT, DBT, ACT, Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing, etc.)
- Synthesize clinical research studies and work with product team to identify opportunities to apply key findings to products.
- Execute clinical and online user behavior research projects.
- Support the CSO and commercialization team in playing a liaison role between the company and the clinical research and medical communities as well as government entities.
- Develop and manage links with academic institutions to foster research opportunities and evidence based practice.
- Conduct clinical outcomes research to evaluate Lantern track effectiveness.
- Prepare scientific papers and presentations for industry and academic purposes.
Product Discovery & Synthesis:
- Serve as subject matter expert on mental health interventions and behavior change, to work collaboratively with product managers and other key stakeholders.
- Utilize high level strategic, analytical and innovative skills to to lead the review of mental health treatment methods in digital media and collaborate on the development of new tools that support innovation.
- Conduct ongoing research to inform new areas of clinical focus and how to integrate industry and academic advances into clinical product design.
- Collaborate with product and content strategists to improve the product and synthesize findings.
- Conduct competitive analysis of product landscape to identify best behavior design practices/principles.
- Consult on and support other teams on behavior research, product design and iteration of new product features.
- Consult and support other teams (e.g. data science, commercial, support, sales, brand, marketing) on behavioral research and product design.
- Collaborate on data analysis and interpretation on product and services effectiveness to drive product improvements.
- Doctoral-level degree (PhD, PsyD, MD) in health-related field (e.g., psychology, health outcomes research)
- Education/experience in a scientific discipline with primary research, and conducting secondary research of scientific literature and product landscape.
- Education/experience with behavior change theory and/or behavior design, especially in digital products
- Experience with product design, user experience, human-computer interaction, and project management is helpful
- Skill in synthesizing and communicating effectively to cross-functional teams
- Experience in consulting with cross-functional teams on product design/iteration
- Proactive, collaborative, and positive working style and attitude
- Preferred Experience: Knowledge of digital/mobile health interventions
Applications can be submitted online at: https://boards.greenhouse.io/lantern/jobs