Home » ISRII conference co-chairing model

ISRII conference co-chairing model

Homepage Forums ISRII Forum Index ISRII Board ISRII Conference ISRII conference co-chairing model

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    webmaster
    Keymaster

Frances, Heleen and Tonya have proposed a model of co-chairing for the 2017 conference (and future ISRII conferences) that involves a 3-way partnership between the convenor of the current conference, the convenor of the previous conference, and the convenor of the next conference to facilitate learning and passing on of information between past/present/future organisers.

I think this is a great idea! In addition to mentioned learning/experience benefits, it will force us to plan our conferences further ahead, which I believe will have a knock-on affect on attendance. I would suggest to make this mandatory/expected for present and future convenors and optional/relatively light work for past convenors.

Stephen Schueller
    Participant

I think this is a great idea and fully endorse it. The only drawback I can see is that it does slightly increase the time commitment of anyone organizing but I believe this would be offset by the benefits it brings to the year one actually spends as the present organizer.

Thomas Berger
    Participant

I agree. The model I know from other societies is a partnership between the convenor of the current conference and the convenor of the previous conference (passing on of information between past and present organizers). But including the convenor of the next conference as well is probably a good idea.

Frances Kay-Lambkin
    Participant

Thanks Webmaster for adding this discussion to the Forum, and to Thomas and Stephen for your thoughts. The only challenge is locking in the venue for the future ISRII conference, but I am keen that we do this for the next few conferences anyway. I, too, have seen this work with other professional societies that I’m involved in – and it helps me (as a delegate) plan these into travel budget! It might also help increase the lead time for organising – perhaps not for the 2017 conference, but for ones into the future.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.