Home » Museums in Berlin

Museums in Berlin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Johannes Laferton
    Participant

Allegedly Berlin has more Museums than rainy days in a year. This might not be true for this year (it has been a terribly rainy summer so far), but the point is, Berlin has plenty of Museums and great ones as well. There are several renown historical and art museums, and many more specific or exotic ones. I will also reveal my personal favorites. However, since I am mostly into (contemporary) art this might be subjectively biased.

To get an objective and exhaustive overview of all Berlin museums and exhibitions just go to the website Museumsportal. I am sure you`ll find something for your taste.

https://www.museumsportal-berlin.de/en/

For those of you who fancy a personal suggestion, here we go:

– Hamburger Bahnhof, Martin Gropius Bau, Berlinische Gallerie, KW Institute of Modern Art (all mostly contemporary or modern art)
    – C/O (Great photography exhibitions)
    – Pergamon Museum: One of Berlins most renown historic museum. Of course always worth a visit
    – Neues Musuem: Another historic museum on Museumsinsel in Mitte (right next to Pergamon). The architecture of the building alone is worth a visit. Apart from that it features the Bust of Nofretete, more archeological gems including exhibits form Heinrich Schliemans’ expeditions
    – Bauhaus Museum: Exhibitions on the famous Bauhaus design era

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.